As you might know from Beauty Brands That Don’t Test on Animals (or just in general), I’m a huge animal lover and the topic of cruelty-free makeup & beauty is important to me.
However, it is tough to remain cruelty-free in everything, and the laws of animal testing, if you know anything about it, is so complicated that at times I kinda lose hope. But as I mention in that post, I keep up to date every year with what’s happening in the animal testing space, and though it’s moving so slow, at least it is good news each year.
So today I thought I’d share some of my favorite cruelty-free makeup & beauty products. I can never claim to be a 100% cruelty-free consumer, as that is too tough – everyday items like batteries, toothpaste and who knows what else are also tested on animals – but I try my very best.
1. Aubrey Organics Silken Earth Translucent Loose Powder. I’ve used this powder for years. Their blushes are also really good too. I am slowly adding this powder to my professional makeup kit as well, as I too want to slowly phase out and add in more cruelty-free makeup brands.
2. Sukin Botanical Body Wash. If you like taking showers in the rainforest, this is pretty much the closest thing. Its scent is what does it for me – it’s gorgeous. It also does its job (cleanses the skin) very well, with no weird residue or any reactions to the skin. Very simple, pure, and straightforward.
3. Nudestix Lip & Cheek Pencil. Now this is a makeup brand that is slowly coming into my makeup kit – I love this brand, as you may know too. The Lip & Cheek Pencils are my favorite, even though right now I’m only using them as lip colors. The best natural nudes, and especially great since I do a lot of bridal makeup work.
4. Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lipgloss. Hourglass is back in Singapore, and I am so excited – I can foresee a lot of business from me. I love their stuff. They are comparable to any department brand brands and the quality is incredible. It is a luxury cruelty free brand though, so their products are quite the investment.
5. Physician’s Formula Eyeliner. Love this one. I personally use this for myself and while the marker-style pen can be tough for some, this one makes it easy. It lasts well and great for sensitive eyes, which is what I have.
6. Alba Botanics Coconut Milk Cleanser. They claim that “your skin will worship this cleanser” and well, it’s pretty close. It’s a gorgeous, thick, cleansing milk that smells like a tropical island. I’ll write a full review post on this one soon, stay tuned.
7. Pangea Organics Facial Scrub. Pangea Organics was introduced to me a few years ago and I’m still loving their facial scrubs. I have no preference on which “flavor”, I like them all. They are great for my sensitive skin, works well, the ingredients are natural and safe to use, they’re affordable and cruelty-free. What’s not to love?
With the many new, awesome brands popping up every year (like Coloupop, for example) that are cruelty-free (and sometimes fully vegan) from the beginning, I think cruelty-free makeup and beauty shopping will get easier than ever.
What are some of you favorite cruelty-free makeup and beauty products? I’d love to know to add more to my list!