Girly, feminine and well, for lack of a better word, sweet – sweet perfumes are some of the most popular choice of perfume for women.
And while sweet perfumes kinda get the reputation that they are just for young girls, they are actually starting to get even more mainstream. Today, there are many popular high fashion houses launching sweet perfumes, which makes access to their scents even easier for everyone to try, too!
Not only that, everyone around you will love it too – sweet perfumes tend to be the most, loved by all types of people. You are sure to get tons of compliments with a sweet perfume.
My Top 10 Best Sweet Perfumes
Where you’re looking for a super girly sweet perfume, or a more grown up sweet scent, here are some of the absolute, best sweet perfumes on the market today (2016, that is!).
1. Britney Spears Fantasy. There’s only 4 words to describe this perfume: cupcake in a bottle. Seriously! This is one of the sweetest, girlies scents available. Notes include cupcake accord, white chocolate… and I didn’t pay attention after that, they had me at “cupcake”.
2. Tokyo Milk Let Them Eat Cake. This scent the epitome of a macaron-in-a-bottle. Notes include sugar cane, coconut milk and vanilla orchid, so expect a VERY sweet scent, although there is still a a slight freshness to this. The art on the perfume bottle itself says it the best, it’s sort of that sweet perfume that is feels very “renaissance”.
3. Nina Ricci La Tentation de Nina. In collaboration between perfumer Olivier Cresp and Vincent Lemains, the master chef of the famous Parisian patisserie of Ladurée (aka Macaron Heaven), their goal was to make a scent that “makes you want to eat it”.
4. Demeter Vanilla Cake Batter. Demeter is a cult perfume brand that makes healthy, natural single note fragrances – think of “rain” or even “sushi”. As you can imagine, they have become very popular because of it. And they really do single note perfumes best.
5. LUSH Vanillary. Sometimes all you need is good old vanilla, and Vanillary is a simple, no-fuss, sweet scent. There is something a bit more grown up about this vanilla though, so if you’re looking for a cookies and creme, warm and slightly mature smell, try this.
6. Laura Mercier Eau Gourmand Creme Brule. The fact that the top note is “sugar” explains it all. This has to be one of the most luxurious sweet perfume I’ve ever come across – so sweet it’s sinful! I discovered it since I love Laura Mercier makeup, and saw that they had a beautiful bath & body product line as well. I went straight to this one, and wow!
7. Dior Hypnotic Poison. Dior makes some of the best perfumes, period. (Check out Top 10 Best French Perfumes for Women for more) and this oriental vanilla fragrance is popular for being a classic “date night” perfumes. Which of course, is that surprising with a name like that?
8. Prada Candy. High fashion design house Prada noticed the love for sweet perfumes, and released Candy, the “high fashion” version of all things sweet. The caramel, powdery mix is equal parts sweet and girly but also grown up and seductive.
9. Jessica Simpson Fancy. Fancy has got to be one of the better celebrity fragrances out there, and it’s a shame that it’s not more popular. And better grab this one fast though, I have a feeling it will be discounted.
10. Aquolina Pink Sugar. Pink Sugar is touted as the cult favorite, all time best sweet perfume, and if you love sweet scents, this is a must try. It kinda smells like cotton candy in perfume form, and has a very… how do I say this? A Lolita feel to it. It has that innocence of youth essence about it.
P.S. Check out Top 7 Best Celebrity Perfumes – celebrity scents are all know to be very sweet, so you may also find your new favorite there.