In this month’s issue of The Singapore Woman’s Weekly, they packed the magazine with 100 pages on fashion and beauty (love!). In it, is a special feature called “Beauty Addict Loves…” where everyone from makeup artists, local actresses, beauty bloggers and beauty editors all shared the products they just can’t live without.
I was included in the feature and gave my top 5 picks, and thought that I should blog about them here so that everyone – especially my overseas readers – could read them. (Oh yes, and I added 3 more of my must have products to the list!)
So here are some of my favorite products that have stood the test of time – my “hall of fame” products, my absolute favorites that I’ve been using for years:
1. M.A.C. Powerpoint eyeliner in Engraved (buy here): As you may know, I love MAC eyeliners. (But then again, who doesn’t?) The lasting power is amazing, the liner doesn’t smudge, and the colors are great – so many to choose from! Also, it’s affordable and lasts forever (the last one I used lasted for 4 years). A great, great buy.
2. Smith’s Rosebud Lip Salve (buy here): I had heard about the hype surrounding the cult products and decided to go ahead and spent SGD$14 on a lip balm – ridiculous, but so worth it. It’s the only thing that can help me insanely dry lips.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (buy here): What can I say, really? This moisturizer is amazing and worth every cent. I first tried it when I was 17 and never looked back. I’ll probably use this for the rest of my life!
4. Chanel La Ligne Duo Eyeliner (buy here): This was an impulse buy – I was on the way to school and was attracted by the classy packaging, as bad as that sounds. Now it’s one of my fave – the colors are intense as anything, and it’s so easy to apply. I was a total liquid liner beginner and this made it so easy.
5. Lancome Virtuose Mascara (buy here): This is my all time favorite mascara. Unfortunately, I haven’t used this in months as it has been revealed that Lancome tests on animals. I am heartbroken, of course, so I’ve stopped using it, but I still have to add it in. Lancome mascaras have always been a favorite of mine and I don’t know what to do. If you are against animal testing as well, then avoid this product like a plague. (Although, I recently heard that L’Oreal in Europe doesn’t test on animals, so if it’s manufactured in Europe, L’Oreal products are on the ‘no-testing’ list? Can someone confirm or deny this?) I’ve been using Clinique and Clarins in the meantime, but… meh. Not as great. Any recommendations for a good mascara?
6. Calvin Klein CK One fragrance (buy here): I ADORE this scent… adore it like no other. It’s hard to describe, but it’s one of my signature scents and it is just so “fresh”. It’s a unisex fragrance, so there’s a real edginess to it as well.
7. Nivea Creme Hand Cream (buy here): I’ve been using this for as long as I can remember. My Mom uses it, so as a child she would come into my bedroom with a scoop of it in her hands and apply them on my hands every night. What a good Mama! It also reminds me of Europe, because when it got chilly there, my Mom used to apply it to my face as well. So I’ve literally been using this since my childhood, and the iconic blue tub is always at my bed side table. A true classic.
8. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude (buy here): I’ve tried some great tinted moisturizers since then, but my heart will always belong to Laura Mercier’s one. It’s absolutely wonderful – it gives just enough coverage, yet is extremely natural looking – like you’re not wearing anything at all. My BFF and I set out to buy this at Christmas in 2008 since we heard so many good things about it, and both fell in love. And yes, it’s expensive, but I’ve been using the same tube for 2.5 years! (However, I only put half a pea size every time, and only wear makeup about twice a week, so if you wear makeup more frequently, it might not last as long.)
Phew – what a list! But these products have truly stood the test of time, and I love them all. What are some of the products in your beauty hall of fame?