Friends, today I wanted to open up a discussion where hopefully you can help me out, as well as many others who may be looking for eye makeup for sensitive eyes and eyelids, especially those with blepharitis and other eye conditions.
Sensitive eyes and eyelids are pretty common now a days, and with the mass amount of eye makeup available, it can be so tough – and overwhelming to find something that works for you.
(That’s actually why I started this blog in the first place – to create a place to cut through all the thousands of products and see what actually works.)
I personally have very sensitive eyes, ever since an awful contact lenses experience a few years ago (thanks for that, J&J!) and it’s been quite tough. I thank God that my eyes are much better now, but I would love some help about eye makeup, as, you can imagine, I am super careful these days.
In fact, I only started wearing contacts and eye makeup recently after about a 2-3 year break (!!)
So I want to ask, for myself and to open up a discussion for anyone else who may also want to know:
What is the best eye makeup for sensitive eyes?
So far, I’ve had success with:
- Jane Iredale – I especially love their Jane Iredale Eyeshadow Trio, featured as the main image to this post. That color palette, Brown Sugar, is gorgeous as well.
- Lavera, a German natural makeup brand, I adore their Lavera Eyeshadow.
- Nudestix Magnetic Eye Shadow, go figure, but it’s been very kind to my eyes, and also one of my favorite new beauty brands.
- Physician’s Formula Eye Marker eyeliner. Physician’s Formula is one of the best brands out there for those with really sensitive eyes or even sensitive skin.
- Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On pencil. I’ve also not had any irritation from these, even though their eyeshadows irritated my eyelids a lot.
- Benefit They’re Real! – yes, this one has not irritated my eyes at all.
- Blinc Mascara, the Original mascara made for the most sensitive eyes. Is this the best one? I think so.
Eye Makeup for Sensitive Eyes
I’m still doing my own personal research and testing (and will also update with my findings), but I would also love to hear your thoughts. I’m looking for the best eye makeup; that is hypo-allergic, fragrance-free, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lenses wearers. Perhaps also something that is not too synthetic and free of the more harsher ingredients and known irritants.
Over to you…
Do you know any eyeliner, eyeshadows and mascaras that are good for sensitive eyes? What are some of your personal favorites, or recommendations?
Any advice or recommendations from those with sensitive eyes would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing from you.