A reader recently asked about the best foundations for pale skin.
I know how tough it can be to sometimes find a foundation that perfectly suits your skin tone, so my recommendation would be, if you can’t find an exact color match, you can always mix.
As a makeup artist, I mix foundation nearly every time I do makeup (this foundation is a great, affordable one to use and mix at home) because there really is no “one color fits all” – and for foundations for pale skin, it can be tricky, especially as it depends on what undertones you have.
I have to say though, I’ve actually got a ton of suggestions for foundations for pale skin, and below are some of my suggestions.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation “51 Vanille Clair”
- L’Oreal Infallible Foundation “015 Porcelain”
- L’Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation “Porcelain/Light Ivory”
- Maybelline Pure Makeup “Porcelain Ivory”
- Revlon Colorstay Makeup “110 Ivory”
- Rimmel London Match Perfect in “Light Porcelain”
- Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation “Warm Ivory #1”
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup “Ivory 1”
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin Foundation “#2 Ivory”
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Supreme Foundation “Porcelain Ivory”
- Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion Compact in P01. (Find out why this is one of the best cushion compact foundations – check out my full review.)
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 “NC15” and “NW15”
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation “115 Ivory”
Or, you can mix your own!
The next option is to get a lightening liquid that you can mix into your foundation to get your perfect color.
You can try out The Body Shop’s Shade Adjusting Drops, a product where you can lighten your foundation – the best part is, it’s affordable! (Full review on that here.) Pick any foundation closest to your skin color and then add in a drop of their Lightening liquid and mix until you get your perfect shade.
I hope some of my suggestions will help out those looking for foundations for pale skin. If anyone else has more recommendations, please let me know and I will update the list.