Forget Jennifer Aniston’s iconic hair (figure of speech guys, I love Jennifer) but I think that Blake Lively, actress in Gossip Girl, is the new “Rachel” for our generation.
I mean, I am having major hair envy right now. That color! That cut! That volume! The shine! Ugh, it’s gorgeous!
Here’s how to get hair like Blake:
- Make sure you hair is healthy. From the looks of it, Blake has pretty healthy hair that doesn’t look too damaged. Make sure you apply a weekly deep conditioning mask on your hair to repair any damage, and have a good trim every 6 weeks or so to make sure all split ends are gone with.
- Part your hair slightly to the left, an inch away from your middle part, for the sexy side swept look.
- Apply volumizing shampoos, conditioners, mousse and then blow dry your hair, lifting your roots up for mega volume. The whole point is to have voluminous hair – the roots need to be full and fluffy.
- Next, take a medium sized curling iron and curl random bits of your hair from your ears to the tips, aiming the curls away from your face. Run your fingers through it to loosen up the waves.
- Apply some shine serum to the ends.
And there we have it.
Basically, Blake’s hairstyle is a simple blow dry and very large waves – volume is an absolute must! (My post, 8 Ways to Get more Volume in Your Hair should help.) From what I’ve read, they say that’s all her real hair without extensions. (I know, I’m jealous too!), but if you need more thickness, clip-in extensions would help greatly.