Finally… the famous NARS Orgasm Blush has gotten into my hands!
NARS is not available in Singapore, so I’m lucky I bought last month in London (right after my trip to Milan) where there is a different currency (and my math is too hopeless to convert); ’cause I’m sure this cost a bomb. Ignorance is bliss, right? Here’s what they say:
“NARS Orgasm makes cheeks blush a perfect pinky-peach flush and subtly highlights with accents of golden shimmer. The universally flattering shade is again and again a makeup artist and beauty editor favorite.”
The packaging is fantastic. It looks classy, sleek and it feels like a very sturdy compact. I also heard that it shouldn’t get too ‘hot’ as it will melt! Point taken – keep it in your makeup bag far away from the sun, ladies.
The blush itself is very pigmented, so all you need is VERY little product. I thought that the gold sparkles will annoy me, but they are very light and after awhile they seem to disappear. I looked at Super Orgasm and the gold sparkles were very obvious, didn’t really like that to be honest – less is more for me! As you can see, when you apply it straight on, it seems very pink.
The shade is described as a ‘peachy-pink’ and I would say that is very accurate. It looks very pink here and goes on very pink initially, but becomes a warmer color after awhile.
So, to sum up NARS Orgasm; I like it. At first I was weary, and every time I look at it it looks very overwhelming and pink, but it goes on very natural and warmer than expected. I really believe the whole ‘universally flattering’, so far I’ve seen many girls wear it and it looks great on everyone!
This is pretty much my ‘first’ proper blush (only ever used taupe in the past) so I’m definitely still experimenting and I think Orgasm is great for a ‘beginner’ like me. So, I’ll conclude by summing up everything in this post:
- Don’t fret if you, like me, are a bit hesitant to pink blushes. It looks very bright and clownish in the pan, but once it’s on it’s very natural!
- Don’t pick up too much color, a little goes a long way. Apply it with a very big fluffy brush and a very light hand.
- It looks great on medium and dark skin tones as well. I have a friend who’s medium in skin tone and it looks just as stunning on her.
- The gold sparkles are not obvious or overwhelming – doesn’t look like a 12 year old’s glitter makeup at all! – very subtle and sheer.
- Try it out at the store first, walk around for 10 minutes, then look in the mirror. The color seems to change once it has settled into your skin. That is why I’ve decided to apply it first when I do my makeup, then by the time I’m finished it looks great!
Try it yourself! You can buy NARS Orgasm Blush online here.