It seems garlic has more use than to keep vampires away: it can strengthen your nails!
That’s right – last time, we talked about an at-home trick on how to whiten your nails with toothpaste, and now here’s a beauty tip for strengthening your nails.
To be honest, when I heard this little “old wives tale” I turned my nose up a little. Garlic? But why? I know they’re great for anti-inflammotoy properties, but this puzzled me. So, I tried it, and sure enough, it does work.
How to: Get Stronger Nails with Garlic
- Grab a clear nail polish bottle (pour out a bit so there is room for the garlic)
- Grab a small piece of garlic and chop it up so it’s minced
- Fill in your minced garlic into the clear nail polish bottle.
- Leave it alone in a dark place (mine was in a kitch cupboard) for 7 full days.
- Apply to your nails! You should feel them getting stronger after a few applications of this home made “strengthening nail polish”
Also, just a disclaimer: your nails are gonna smell like shiz for the first day, unfortunately. Like, REALLY BAD. But by day 2 it’ll subside and by day 3 it will be long gone (from my experience, obviously yours might be different!).
Have you tried this beauty trick before? Let me know what you think! Also, what other things do you do to strengthen your nails?