Recently, I took a reader survey to see where I’m at with Blog for Beauty (since I’m officially back to beauty blogging after a hiatus), and I have to say, I got way more responses I was hoping to get! I am so thankful that many wonderful readers are still around.
I know that what I’m doing here is pretty different from my past blogs, and I know there could be a few wanting me to recreate what I once did/had/was. And I would love to, but… I looked at some of the old stuff I posted and honestly, I’m kinda cringing! I’ve grown up so much since and my views/style have changed slightly – maybe “evolved” is the right word – so Blog for Beauty will be a reflection of that. It’s still me, but perhaps a bit more older and wiser. (Here’s to hoping, at least!)
Still, I really value your feedback and I am so thankful that so many of my old readers are still around. You really have no idea.
Here are the results:
- 43% of my readers are 21-29 years old, which, as a fellow 20-something, makes me happy to know I fit the age group. It’s also a confirmation to me for certain things, especially the style of my blogging. The second highest age group was actually a tie between 17-20 year olds and women in their 30s. Everyone is welcome here, though.
- The majority of you (39%) completed grad school. 27% graduated from college and 25% of you are still in school. For those who are working, the majority of you are in finance, business, medicine, science, literature, education, engineering… seriously, you ladies are so impressive!
- 81% of you would like a mix of drugstore and high end products. I think I tend to feature more high end stuff, but I actually use a lot of drugstore stuff myself, so I’ll be adding more of that in. My promise: I’ll post about things that work, regardless of price tag (within reason of course, I don’t care how good a face cream is, I’m not spending $200 on it!)
- 49% of you would like more inner beauty and self esteem topics (which I used to do a lot of, and will start again). And for the blog as a whole, 57% prefer it to be about “everyday beauty” – you don’t care for celebs, pop culture and all that. (Great, ’cause I don’t either.)
- There was an overwhelming response when I asked “what do you want more of?” (which was optional), and the majority of you said personal stuff and videos! Gotcha.
Another thing I’d like to have in my blog is more of my own photos, so get this: I’ve been secretly learning a bit about photography the past few weeks! I’m not great, but it’s something I’m really gonna work on.
Thank you to those for taking the time in doing my survey. Other than the multiple choice questions, I got so much incredible feedback, encouragement and kind words. It really means a lot. I’m so excited to truly start blogging once again. I consider you guys my “co-bloggers” so if you ever have any thoughts, ideas, feedback, suggestions or requests – you can always just leave a comment or shoot me an email.